Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The last three questions: Lisa Schroeder...



Today we're checking in with Lisa Schroeder, as she looks back on her year. Lisa, what was the most amazing thing that happened in 2008?

I wish I could say the most amazing thing that happened to me this year was that I traveled to Switzerland or had my book made into a movie or sang on stage with the Goo Goo Dolls. But alas, none of those things happened. In fact, I didn't even travel outside my home state of Oregon! So really and truly, the most amazing thing was having my debut novel released and getting a great response from readers. It was a fun year!

And the most frustrating thing?

The thing that has been most frustrating is not having enough hours in the day to do everything I need and want to do. I basically have three jobs – first a mother, then a Compensation Analyst, and finally, a writer. I want to do it all wonderfully and of course, some days I'm lucky if I get anything done at all. On the other hand, I'm very thankful for my rich and full life and I count my blessings every day.

And is there anything you don't think would have happened if you hadn't joined the Class of 2k8?

Well, I spoke at two conferences in Portland that I probably wouldn't even have known about if it weren't for the class – the PNW Booksellers Association and the OASL/WLMA (school librarian) Joint Conference. It was great meeting some of my classmates and getting some presentation experience under my belt.

No comments: