Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday thank you!!!

Closing out our week of year-end THANK YOU NOTES, we have Barrie Summy, author of I So Don't Do Mysteries (who'll you'll be getting to know much better next week)!

Barrie, of all the people who've made your debut year great, I wonder who you have in mind today?

Well, I'd like to send a big bloggy thank-you to kidlit blogger Shelf-Elf.

Here's the backstory:

This summer, I wandered into The Flying Dragon Bookshop while I was in Toronto on vacation.


I chatted with the owner, Cathy Francis, gave her an Advance Reader Copy (ARC) of I So Don't Do Mysteries and one of our Class of 2k8 brochures.

Turns out Cathy already knew all about the Class of 2k8!

How?

A kidlit blogger named Shelf Elf works part-time at The Flying Dragon!

I quick raced back to my car and grabbed another ARC to leave as a surprise for Shelf Elf. Who read it and posted a wonderful review.

Thank you, Shelf Elf, for spreading the kidlit word through the blogosphere! And thank you for my very first online review!

No comments: