Saturday, November 8, 2008

Shameless Saturday


Looking for some excitement?
Head on down to Books of Wonder in New York City tomorrow (Sunday, Nov. 9) at 1:00. Nancy Viau and Courtney Sheinmel will be there!


Look how much Bookpage loved Autumn Winifred Oliver Does Things Different:
" Kristin O'Donnell Tubb has written a wonderful debut novel, full of history, excitement and sensitivity. She has done her research well, loosely basing Gramps and Cody's uncle on real people. There is also plenty of action, including a wild ride that Autumn and Cody take in a wooden coffin down a rain-swollen river. Autumn is a funny, likeable and very real character, and readers are treated to many fine glimpses of the Cove's vanishing mountain traditions, such as a visit to a moonshine still and the community 'Syrup Soppin' Festival'."

Read the entire interview .


Holy Texas Longhorns! Jody Feldman's Gollywhopper Games has been placed on the master list for the 2009-2010 Texas Bluebonnet Awards!

2 comments:

Adventures with the Millam's said...

I learned about your contest and thought I'd share my anecdote about being a Teacher Librarian.
Last spring I put on my first game event-- it was a huge success with 9 different game systems going and 40 kids gaming. I overhead a freshman boy telling a senior, "I'm so glad I'm a freshman, cuz I've got 4 more years of game nights. Hah- you don't!" As it was the 12th hour of my day, I was heartened to know that I had given these kids a great time and a new perspective. We now have game nights every 5-6 weeks. They would love it every week, but there are only so many hours in a day. ; )

Jody Feldman said...

Thanks, Joy. We love stories like this and understand how important school librarians are.

On another subject, as a non-partisan authors, I want to add a shout-out (besides the Longhorns) to the ...
Aggies, Red Raiders, Bears, Horned Frogs, Mustangs, Owls, Cougars, Wildcats, Rams, Kangaroos, Tigers, Mean Green, Cougars, Bearcats, Miners, (pant-pant) Yellow Jackets, Crusaders, Rockets, Mavericks, Texans, Spurs, Cowboys, Rangers, Astros, Crusanders, Panthers, Lions, Lobos, Stars, Comets, Lumberjacks, Javelinas, Steers, Bulldogs, Bobcats, Buffaloes ...
and sorry if I missed your team.