Thursday, December 4, 2008

Jody thanks...

Jody Feldman, author of the Gollywhopper Games, (as well as one of the fearless leaders of the 2k8 ship) has a LOT to be thankful for...

Right, Jody?

Absolutely. But let me tell you about one person in particular...

"When people come into the store and tell you they have a book coming out," Vicki Erwin of Main Street Books in St. Charles, Missouri, says (and I'm paraphrasing), "you get a little concerned that you might not connect with it. I was so relieved after I read your book."
For me, Vicki was more than relieved. She was more than a passive fan of the book. She started talking about The Gollywhopper Games, and not just to readers. She talked it up to members of the Midwest Booksellers Association.

Although Vicki claims that it wasn't just her, that a lot more members had to really like my book to give it the honors the MBA did, I know it all started with her. And it was a big honor that when we were at the MBA Conference in St. Paul, Minnesota, this past fall, that she introduced me twice with something wonderful and different to say each time. My debut year would not have been the same without her.

Thanks, Vicki!

No comments: