Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 4: Interview of a lifetime

Ask an author what inpired her to become a writer and she's sure to have a story, but few, like Kristin O'Donnell Tubb, can honestly answer it came from a wrinkle in time.



When I was a sixth-grader at City Park Elementary School in Athens, TN, the school librarian – Shelia Rollins – held a school-wide reading contest. I won. The prize was that I got to do a telephone interview with (drum-roll, please)… Madeleine L’Engle! I remember two things from this interview: first, that it was conducted via speakerphone. It was the first time I’d seen this “new” technology, and it was the coolest thing ever. (I’m quite old.) Second, when I told Ms. L’Engle that I wanted to be a writer, she said, “Good for you! Keep reading and you can do it!”

Amazing! True sparks of inspiration last a lifetime. Join us on Friday when Kristin shares a pictorial tour on the setting of her book and unveils her book trailer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is TOO cool, Kristin. Lucky YOU!
-Nancy